The castle of Montserrat in Altafulla

The castle of Montserrat in Altafulla

x

Send by email.

The first documented records of the castle of Montserrat in Altafulla date back to 1059. It belonged to the Requesens family from the early 14th century through to 1472, when it was bought by Pere de Castellet. Around the middle of the 17th century it passed into the hands of Francesc de Montserrat, the first Marquis of Tamarit, whose descendants have continued to own the property over the centuries through to the present day. The current building is essentially the seventeenth-century structure and has been kept in a wonderful condition. It is a private property and visitors are not admitted; however, with prior authorization from the owners the Altafulla Town Council is permitted to organize public events and activities such as chamber music concerts.  


All points of interest